In Wednesday’s yoga class, my very spiritual (and hunky) yoga teacher sung a prayer during our initial resting pose. It was one I had heard a million times, but as all things do as you grow, it had taken on a completely new meaning and interpretation for me. As he sung the words, I kept thinking (I know I know, the whole ‘not thinking’ part of meditation is a rare occurrence for ‘million miles a minute’ me!) how it was such a simple formula for peaceful and harmonious living. Like, Kim Kardashian simple. More love, more tolerance, more kindness… we can do that! So today for your routine warm fuzzy injection, I’m-a inject you with this prayer –
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is error, truth;
- Where there is doubt, faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- And where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
- To be consoled as to console;
- To be understood as to understand;
- To be loved as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive;
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
- And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Blessings, T.G.I.F drinks and a whole lot of love and peace x